The number of people using CBD has rocketed in recent years, with a particular growth area being to consume it via vaping. Vaping CBD is similar to vaping nicotine in that you inhale a vaporized liquid, with the key difference being that it contains CBD rather than nicotine.
Vaping CBD offers an array of benefits but with the complexity of equipment and products available and the lack of regulation within the CBD industry, it’s important you stay informed about it before you incorporate it into your life.
In order to help you stay informed, we’ve compiled a list of 11 things you should know before vaping CBD oil. You’ll learn the types of CBD products to vape and their benefits, as well as guidance on where to buy CBD vape products and their legality.
What Is CBD?
CBD, which is short for cannabidiol, is one of many different cannabinoids found within the cannabis plant. Although it’s a common misconception that it will get you high, CBD does not have any psychoactive properties unlike it’s sister cannabinoid THC. CBD can contain up to 0.2% THC, although such a small amount is not enough to experience a high. Research into the possible benefits of CBD is still in early stages, however many people choose to take it in a bid to help them with a number of issues such as anxiety, pain and sleep. However at The CBD Planet UK we do not claim that CBD can help, treat, prevent or cure any medical condiitons.
What Types of CBD Can You Vape?
There are 3 types of CBD products that are suitable for vaping:
- CBD vape juice – it’s often referred to as CBD vape oil, although it doesn’t actually contain any oil. CBD vape juice is similar to standard vape juice although it contains CBD rather than nicotine. Alongside CBD it contains vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, and flavourings. A wide variety of exciting and fruity flavours are available in order to make the vaping experience more enjoyable. Simply add your CBD vape juice to the tank in your vape pen and begin vaping!
- CBD cartridges – CBD cartridges are pre-filled tanks which contain CBD vape juice. Simply connect it to a battery to heat up the juice which then releases the ingredients into a mist.
- CBD vape additive – CBD vape additives are specifically designed to be mixed with an existing e-liquid. They’re flavourless which means you can gain the benefits of CBD alongside your favourite nicotine based vape juice.
What Are The Benefits of Vaping CBD?
Vaping CBD has a number of different benefits which make it one of the most popular methods of CBD consumption. When comparing it to other methods of consumption the benefits include:
- Quick absorption – when you vape CBD, the effects can be felt almost instantly as the CBD enters your bloodstream via the lungs. This is much quicker than other methods such as CBD edibles where the CBD has to first pass through your digestive system in order to be absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Ease of use – vaping is super easy and is already a daily habit of many around the world. You can do it on the go like many choose to, or you can make it part of your routine to sit down and enjoy after a busy day.
- Cost effective – vaping provides a greater bioavailability then other methods of CBD consumption, which to put simply means you absorb more CBD into your body than other methods. With vaping, you therefore require less CBD in order to feel the effects, making it one of the most cost effective methods of consumption.
Is There A Recommended Dosage?
How much CBD you should vape differs by person as everyone reacts uniquely to it. What works for one person may not work for another. Factors such as your height, weight, age and previous exposure to CBD can all play a part in determining what dosage is best for you.
The best way to work out your recommended dosage is to start with a low dosage of around 10mg a day. Take note of how you feel and then slowly increase your dosage over time should you feel you need it.
Can You Overdose?
It’s virtually impossible to overdose on CBD, the amount you’d need to consume to do so would be extremely difficult. There have been zero recorded instances of any fatal overdoses occuring.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Vaping CBD Oil?
There are no recorded serious side effects asosciated with vaping CBD. However, some side effects can be experienced if you consume large amounts of CBD, which is a particularly faced by new users.
The side effects most commonly include drowsiness and diarrhea, although these effects subside quickly and with regular use. This is why we always recommend to start with a low dosage before slowly building your dose up.
Additionally, CBD’s interaction with certain medications is not yet fully known, and so it’s advised that you speak with a doctor or medical professional to dtermine whether using CBD is right for you.
Does Vaping CBD Get You High?
Although CBD is derived from the cannabis plant it will not get you high. It’s the THC within cannabis which causes the user to experience a high, not the CBD. CBD products all contain little to no THC, but the small trace they may contain is nowhere near enough to get you high.
If you’re worried about the small traces of THC that vape products could contain then you can find many products which contain zero THC to put your mind at ease.
Is Vaping CBD Legal?
Vaping CBD is perfectly legal in the UK, although if you’re not in the UK we’d recommend you do your own research to determine whether it’s legal in your country.
There can often be some confusion about where vaping CBD is legal due to the close association CBD has with cannabis. Many of the cannabinoids within cannabis are listed as controlled substances under the Misuse of Drugs Act, however CBD is not. In the UK, all CBD products are legal so long as they contain less than 0.2% THC. Products which exceed this amount would be considered illegal.
Where To Buy CBD For Vaping?
Now you’ve learned about vaping CBD, you’ll be wondering where to buy CBD vape products. Luckily, at The CBD Planet UK we stock over 140 CBD vape products including:
For those new to vaping CBD, CBD vape kits are a great way to begin your journey as they contain everything you need to get started. Check out our most popular CBD vape products below:
Why Should You Buy A Lab Tested Product?
When buying CBD vape products it’s important to buy quality lab tested products. Products sold without a lab report are perfectly legal, however it is possible that they could be low quality and contain less CBD than advertised, more THC than advertised, or other ingredients you’re not aware of.
In order to provide peace of mind, you should buy lab tested products so you know exactly what the product you are consuming contains. Usually, high quality products provide a lab report, and products of lower quality do not provide a lab report.
Are There Any Other Methods To Take CBD?
Vaping CBD is just one of many different methods used to consume CBD. If vaping isn’t right for you then there’s bound to be another method which suits your needs and lifestyle. The main methods CBD consumption are:
CBD oil is the most popular method of consumption for many and CBD creams can be great for targeting a certain problem area. CBD drinks and edibles can easily be taken on the go and CBD capsules are great for those who want little to no change to their daily routine.
You should now know everything you need to know to begin your journey into vaping CBD. If there’s one thing we must stress the most it’s the importance of buying from a reputable brand, like those that we stock here at The CBD Planet UK.
When you’ve found the perfect product for you, the ideal way to begin your journey is to start with a low dosage and gradually increase it over time until you find the best dosage for you. You might be tempted to avoid this advice and start with a greater dose, but be mindful that this could result in some unpleasant side effects such as diarrhea and drowsiness.
Finally, we’d always recommend that you consult a doctor or medical professional before you begin using CBD products.